Today my school, the School of Research Science hosted its first Teach Meet and the biggest #SPARKuae event so far, over 250 educators from Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Doha and even the UK gathered at Heriot Watt University for a fantastic CPD extravaganza!
It was humbling and inspiring to see so many people willing to give up their free time on a Saturday morning in order to collaborate and share best practice with others.
We also had lots of fun as a few teachers were ‘persuaded’ to show us their dance moves to the YMCA on stage….I am now officially making dancing compulsory for all CPD sessions at SRS!
There were over 20 presentations and as promised I include in this post a link to them all! Thanks to all who attended and presented, to share in your positivity and enthusiasm made all the hard work in organising the event worthwhile.
If you attended could you give some feedback here..
Please check the SPARK website for updates on future events.
1. Rachael Edgar @Dubai_Teachmeet ‘Using Twitter for Professional Development’
2. Aimee Wilcox @A1meeWilcox ‘Helping children to be helpless’
3. Damien Marshall @DamienMarshall11 ‘Using Ipads in the classroom’
4. Fraser Angus @fnfraser ‘Talk in the writing process’
5. Rachel Green @raegreen70 ‘Listening to my learning mentor’
6. Claire McWilliams @Claire_SRS ‘Challenge for all’
7. Jennifer Murray @MissJGM ‘Lend me your Literacy’
8. Ania Sikora @Aniasikora ‘A picture can paint a thousand numbers’
9. Mike Pugsley @MrMPugsley ‘Working smarter not harder Google Drive’
10. Clemy Fernandes ‘Reflective practice and professional autonomy’
11. Mark Barrington @mb_teach ‘Be organised with evernote’
12. Jon Bland @jblanddubai8 ‘What’s the motto for you’
13. Ed Mosely @mrmozely ‘Class Dojo’
14. Mohammad Salameh @mkms1000 ‘Socrative’
15. Gilly Brunton @Innergise ‘Enhancing academic success through healthy schools’
16. Ciaran Kelly ‘VAK attack’
17. Carla Shanley @Carla_Shanley ‘Blended learning’
18. Jon Tait @TeamTait ‘Using Skype in the classroom’
19. Neal Oates @DBSNotices ‘Zondle: Learning through gaming’
20. Neal Oates @DBSNotices ‘Digital book marking’
21. Ian Plant @TSPSkeystage4 ‘Time coding analysis to improve lesson observation’
22. Rachael Edgar @Dubai_Teachmeet ‘Poundland Pedagogy’
Who said teachers cant dance??!!
SRS boys learning with a smile 🙂
OUSTANDING in Year One via Claire McWilliams
Aimee Wilcox on helping children to be helpless
Rachel green listening to your learning mentor
Ed Mosely showing us how it’s done with Class Dojo!